Good gmc grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Pay $$$$ to the repro guys or hunt at the yards. Or might find one at a swap meet....

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
The Year that your looking for would also help. But LMC seems to offer decent grills now if your willing to pay for it.

Pro439

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have one on a parts truck. Not sure what shape it’s actually in. Never looked at it closely.
You must be registered for see images attach
So the actual grill part of the grill likes to crack as well as where it attaches to the core support. I can’t for the life of me figure out why gmc did their grill so cheaply compared to a Chevy grill. I have 5 grills and everyone is cracked

Pro439

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My biggest issue with the aftermarket grills are where the gmc goes they aren’t always similar to the OEM grill. The money doesn’t really matter to me. I do like the early version as well but would need the filler piece and I don’t know that it will screw to the later radiator support. So the aftermarket also makes the aluminum tailgate strip for the Chevrolet but not the GMC. I talked to a guy who was smart enough to buy what a dealer had in stock and he says they’re going for $1500.00 now that’s nuts. Does anyone have experience with the aftermarket grills? How long before they crack? The material they are made from is the quality that gm used. I’ve thought about trying to do a stainless one it would be a lot of work but it would last

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
So the actual grill part of the grill likes to crack as well as where it attaches to the core support. I can’t for the life of me figure out why gmc did their grill so cheaply compared to a Chevy grill. I have 5 grills and everyone is cracked.
Trying to make that big piece of plastic lightweight I guess. I've seen plenty of the Chevy ones crack on the mounting points. The ears on the top are notorious. And the recessed ones; Cunningham has just released some "grille saver" specialized washer/support pieces to help stabilize those.
The '88 GMC I got the quad beams from at the yard had a very busted up grille, so it didn't bother me to break it some more to remove the headlights.

Pro439

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have one on a parts truck. Not sure what shape it’s actually in. Never looked at it closely.
You must be registered for see images attach
What color interior do you have. I also need a p/s neutral side piece for in between the doors mine almost broke in 2 when I put it back in and I had the heater outta it trying to reseal it but I still have a leak in the corner that I don’t know what it’s coming from. I bought a grill in PA and by the time I got back home it had cracked and 1 of the tabs on the bottom broke

Pro439

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trying to make that big piece of plastic lightweight I guess. I've seen plenty of the Chevy ones crack on the mounting points. The ears on the top are notorious. And the recessed ones; Cunningham has just released some "grille saver" specialized washer/support pieces to help stabilize those.
The '88 GMC I got the quad beams from at the yard had a very busted up grille, so it didn't bother me to break it some more to remove the headlights.
Yeah I saw that and I’ve made some pieces for my chevy grill but that truck isn’t nice so I didn’t care if it looked like crap as long as it held the grill. I’m waiting to have some tube bent and I’m going to go up in front of the grill with it just because you can’t get a OEM replacement anymore and the fact there’s nothing to them. Every time I go get steel or aluminum I ask them how soon they can get to it and never really get a good answer but they are the only place around that will do that small of an amount

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What color interior do you have. I also need a p/s neutral side piece for in between the doors mine almost broke in 2 when I put it back in and I had the heater outta it trying to reseal it but I still have a leak in the corner that I don’t know what it’s coming from. I bought a grill in PA and by the time I got back home it had cracked and 1 of the tabs on the bottom broke
It’s grey