gmt to K2 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phantom 309

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2014 is rotting away,. i like the truck the way it drives and stops,. has the LV3 and 6l80,. which i really like for power and really good economy. So we are thinking of putting the 95 ecsb onto the 14 frame.
I searched but haven't found this done yet.
Any thoughts from some of the senior wrenches on here?
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
My 2014 is rotting away,. i like the truck the way it drives and stops,. has the LV3 and 6l80,. which i really like for power and really good economy. So we are thinking of putting the 95 ecsb onto the 14 frame.
I searched but haven't found this done yet.
Any thoughts from some of the senior wrenches on here?
You must be registered for see images attach
Prolly be easier to get the new drivetrain in the old truck? That'14 looks like my cousin's truck. But he lives in Katy and works in Sugar Land so I don't think he has too much rust on his truck....
Nice family portrait!

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the body is rotting away, how good is the frame? I saw a video where a guy was putting por-15 on his Silverado frame and was just chipping buckets of rust flakes off the frame.

Are you planning on keeping the 2014 interior, gauges, etc.?

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you measured the width and wheelbase to compare the two trucks? It seems like the 2014 would be wider.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
By 2014 everything is integrated in the chassis computer. You'll need to use EVERYTHING electronic from the 2014 inside the 95 body to keep the computer happy. Around the 2005-2010 timeframe computers went from an engine/transmission computer to a full chassis computer.

If your lumbar support isn't from the same vehicle, your radio wont work and thus the engine will be in permanent limp mode.

Engine swaps are going the way of the DoDo bird. You cant even swap a 2014 Chevy Impala 2.0T engine into and 2014 Chevy Cruze that had a 1.4T. It'll physically fit just fine but the chassis computer doesn't let it run.

phantom 309

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
By 2014 everything is integrated in the chassis computer. You'll need to use EVERYTHING electronic from the 2014 inside the 95 body to keep the computer happy. Around the 2005-2010 timeframe computers went from an engine/transmission computer to a full chassis computer.

If your lumbar support isn't from the same vehicle, your radio wont work and thus the engine will be in permanent limp mode.

Engine swaps are going the way of the DoDo bird. You cant even swap a 2014 Chevy Impala 2.0T engine into and 2014 Chevy Cruze that had a 1.4T. It'll physically fit just fine but the chassis computer doesn't let it run.
no rich,. the ecm will run motor and trans just fine,and a/c and cruise . the 95 cab is pretty easy to work with,. I reprogram my mercedes vehicles, where parts need to be coded to the sam modules to integrate,. GM is not that complicated. the 1.4 electronics will run the 2 litre with a different flash.

The frame in the 14 is just fine its the cab corners rockers and wheel wells that are rotting,. just your typical gm substandard body metal,. any way i appreciate all the comments,.
Yes the lv3 into the 95 chassis is really a simple swap,. but the brakes and steering on the 14 are far superior to the gmt stuff.
14 is definitely wider..