Getting to #2 spark plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron Freeman

Reaction score
Hey guys!

This is my first post, but I have been using everyone's experiences and suggestions all summer (well for most of the summer).

Back in Aug a bought a 94 Chevy K1500 5.7l TBI that I have been slowly doing the work on time permitting. Like alot of people here I have that random miss I have been trying to track down. While in the process ofdoing a tune up and replacing the plugs I ran into a small problem with the #2 spark plug. I got AC Rapid fires on the suggestion of a friend that works on chevy race engines and has driven nothing but chevys since i have known him going back to JR high.

The problem is that something isnt letting my get the socket on the plug to seat it completely. I can get it finger tight, but like I said not able to get socket on it.

Anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks in advance!

Ron

Ron Freeman

Reaction score
How did you get the old one out?

the standard acdelco plugs have a longer base (end that goes into block) and shorter head (end that the wires seat on), the rapidfires are the opposite. short base and longer head. on the standard plugs socket grip didn't seat as far end as the rapidfires... thats the ONLY one i had a problem with. even the standard plugs were a pain to get in and out...

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Screw in an old plug and pry between it and the heat shields. Take your spark plug socket and slide it over #4 to keep the shield from getting pulled over.

Ron Freeman

Reaction score
Screw in an old plug and pry between it and the heat shields. Take your spark plug socket and slide it over #4 to keep the shield from getting pulled over.
hmmm thanks ill give that a try. didnt make it by to get a thin wall socket today so going tomorrow. will try that also.