Gauge reads 260 help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDYLANP

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no temp sender in the side of the block. The sender for the gauge is in the driver's side head, between the #1 and #3 plugs.

Richard

That has to be the one I changed then. That's where it was haha. It's been a couple months. My mistake haha.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
May have somehow moved the needle on the gauge if it seems to function correctly , and the needle is just pointed the wrong direction.

MDYLANP

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
May have somehow moved the needle on the gauge if it seems to function correctly , and the needle is just pointed the wrong direction.

See that's what I am leaning towards. Just not real sure. The only thing that makes me think otherwise is that it goes all the way back to zero when the engine is cool. It just quickly bypasses the normal 190-210 range on it's way up haha. Very quickly.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
The temp gauge stepper motor in the cluster can be changed. Im not sure you can buy a new one, maybe find one out of a junk cluster?

MDYLANP

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The temp gauge stepper motor in the cluster can be changed. Im not sure you can buy a new one, maybe find one out of a junk cluster?

So I'm assuming I would just be looking for a 95+ dash and just pull it apart first. But what about after that? Any kind of soldering or is the motor more just pull from the junk one and swap it directly?

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Unless you find brand new stepper motors, I don't see any point in swapping motors from a junkyard cluster. Find an Escalade or police Tahoe in good condition and swap the entire cluster.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

MDYLANP

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does swapping clusters affect my odometer reading?