Funky smell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
good question, I did, but I also had a bad waterpump that I just replaced so I just refilled the system. I'll have to keep an eye on it though. Are you thinking intake manifold gaskets or head gaskets?

Justme168

Reaction score
there is several things can be intake ,heater core ,heater hose ..ect but being a small leak will leak more when heavy on the gas

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
True, I never mentioned smelling coolant though and it's definitely not coolant I'm smelling I know that sweet smell well.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you know it could be my trans, i've only experienced a transmission slipping once and it wasn't my car, it was like the car would pop out of gear and go back in. My truck doesn't act like that, but it does lose a good amount of speed going up hills unless I really get on the pedal and most times when I do get on the petal the transmission doesn't kick down like it should. Otherwise the transmission shifts fine it doesn't shift hard and still shifts through all the gears fine. When I first got the truck 2,000 miles ago I changed out the transmission fluid it was pretty nasty but didn't smell burnt. I ended up changing the pan twice so I ended up putting 8qts total in the truck and now the fluid is nice and red and doesn't smell burnt. Does this sound like a trans on it's way out?

Poser

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mile does it too. I've alway's just assumed it was all the carbon deposits in the engine burning off, and my neighbor (a mechanic) said I'm likely right.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have not but the the line that runs from the gas tank to the evap canister is gone so I'm pretty sure that's not doing the job it's supposed to. I'm going to be installing a plow on her today so I'll do some investigating and see if I come up with anything.

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
check the batt it could be bad and causing the alt to over charge it (boiling the acid) thats what happen on mine.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine has a funny smell at wot too. thought it was my cat so i cut it off and it still does it. almost smells like sulfar and burnt rubber mixed. i dont have a clue what it is but ill be watching this thread