Fuel trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1999 k2500 ccsb 454/4l80e combo. Okay, so I have a problem, it all started when I went to replace my injectors. The replacement went smoothly but when I went to start it up for the first time it wouldn't start. So me being the idiot that I am kept trying to crank for 5 min straight. Turns out I blew my coil and the ignition control module. Well after I got everything sorted out and got her running again I threw a code the next day. P0174. After hooking up my ultra gauge and watching fuel trims my bank 2 fuel trim is anywhere from 5 to upper 20s but only when not gassing it. If I'm giving it any gas or cruising my fuel trims are normal and equal across banks. But when I let off the gas when going down a hill my bank 2 shoots way up. I don't know what the problem is anyone ever have this happen to them?

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without looking through the manual I'll take a stab at some advice. P0174 is for an under reporting mass air sensor condition. In other words, the O2 sensor is reporting extra O2 compared to the mass air sensor. My guess is you've got a vacuum leak somewhere. Look for things that would only affect that bank. Maybe even a damaged fuel injector O-ring or upper plenum gasket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CasillasJoseDaniel