Fuel pump upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94whitechevy

Reaction score
My stock fuel pump went out. Was wondering about a fuel pump upgrade for a 94 chevy 350 tbi. Am looking for a bolt in upgrade. was wondering about the vortec pump. Also if anyone has the pump spec on the two pumps that would be great. Thank You

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there is nothing to be gained just get a stock replacement.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Get a quality one when you replace, not the ones hanging on a plastic rack in the chip isle at wal-mart.

gnrl

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is nothing to be gained just get a stock replacement.

x2

you can get a 255LPH bolt in pump that is dimensionally identical to the pump on your sender right now. I did something similar, but only because I changed motors from a TBI to a MPI and needed more PSI

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't really see any real gain either. I've had to get mine replaced 2 times ever since getting my 98 back in 2004. It was my fault because I would let it go below 1/8 full, usually all the way down to only 1 gallon left (26 gallon tank). After getting it replaced the 2nd time I never let it get below 1/4 full like you should and it's been fine for years. So just make sure to not let it get below 1/4 full.

gnrl

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't really see any real gain either. I've had to get mine replaced 2 times ever since getting my 98 back in 2004. It was my fault because I would let it go below 1/8 full, usually all the way down to only 1 gallon left (26 gallon tank). After getting it replaced the 2nd time I never let it get below 1/4 full like you should and it's been fine for years. So just make sure to not let it get below 1/4 full.

That's a good thought, about keep gas in the tank to keep it cool; never thought of it that way. Mine had over 200k on it but I always kept the tank as full as I could. Maybe it really did make a difference...

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you have mods done to the truck just get a stock ac-delco pump for a 96. direct bolt in and it will supply all the fuel you would need for most upgrades.

94whitechevy

Reaction score
I appreciate the help found out nothing wrong with pump bad ground. I am now having an arcing problem across the throttle body.