Fuel pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it was me, yes, I would swap the fuel pump. AC Delco of Delphi only.

96z71sas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, AC Delco or Delphi, only. I had a new FP fail in the first 3 months. It was a cheapo. Don't remember the name brand though.
No I’m wrong it jumps to 60 then falls to 53 pre start then stays at 53 won’t drop any more and idles there when I rev til almost hit 60 so pump and regulator?

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No I’m wrong it jumps to 60 then falls to 53 pre start then stays at 53 won’t drop any more and idles there when I rev til almost hit 60 so pump and regulator?
So this is where it gets complicated. It could be the regular, or a slight leak. It sounds like the fuel pump is good. It's kind of a PITA, but yes, try the regulator. I will say this though. My truck with 256,000+ miles still has the OE Spyder injectors and regulator. Maybe I have been lucky, IDK.

96z71sas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
60+ KOEO, then turn off the key and see if it holds pressure. If not, you have a leak somewhere like, bad check valve or leaking injector(s)
It drops with key off and on til go to 60 for a split second then drop to 53 and stay with key on til do same with key off wares check valve it I replace pump and sending unit will that be ok

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have to cycle the key a few times to get it to 60?

96z71sas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this is where it gets complicated. It could be the regular, or a slight leak. It sounds like the fuel pump is good. It's kind of a PITA, but yes, try the regulator. I will say this though. My truck with 256,000+ miles still has the OE Spyder injectors and regulator. Maybe I have been lucky, IDK.
So it looks a little wet inside intake
Do you have to cycle the key a few times to get it to 60?
no it goes right up to it for a half second then starts to drop real slow til it 53 then sits there won’t drop more does this with key off too but drops slower I looked into intake and it’s wet toward the back right ware regulator is and dry up front

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can take off the throttle body, and look inside the intake with a mirror and a flashlight. This will let you see all of the fuel lines in there, and the Spyder setup. You will need to jump the fuel pump relay. This video will show you how to jump the relay.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

96z71sas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can take off the throttle body, and look inside the intake with a mirror and a flashlight. This will let you see all of the fuel lines in there, and the Spyder setup. You will need to jump the fuel pump relay. This video will show you how to jump the relay.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Thank you so much for your help I will try this

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When you look inside of the intake, you can shine the flashlight into the mirror and use that to reflect the light where you need it. You can look into the mirror at the same time if you angle the light into the mirror. That's how I did mine.

96z71sas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your help I will try this
Idk if you can see but it’s a little wet it seems I can’t see any leaks guess I’ll try regulator I wanted mpfi upgrade anyway

Attachments

• 17B63ADD-0EB0-476C-8DD4-03FB716C12F2.jpeg
    17B63ADD-0EB0-476C-8DD4-03FB716C12F2.jpeg
    347.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 360EADEB-E69E-4752-A78C-BDCE93A3988C.jpeg
    360EADEB-E69E-4752-A78C-BDCE93A3988C.jpeg
    347.3 KB · Views: 4