Fuel Gauge 96 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fbell17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, my fuel gauge on my 96 k1500 is very strange. It never stays in the same spot and once it gets to a quarter tank, It stops moving all together. Any ideas? Thanks

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe it's the sending unit that needs to be replaced, but don't quote me on that... Mine bounces all the time, and when it's completely full it sits a 1/4" above full, so I just keep track of mileage and fill her back up after 300 miles...

Fbell17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sending unit? Alright. Mine does the same thing with sitting 1/4 above full. I talked to a mechanic and he said he has a new fuel pump and filter that he'll give me for about 20 bucks. So I might jump on that. But I've been keeping track of miles too. Gets old after awhile. I might just have to deal with it though

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My fuel gauge constantly wiggles back and forth, and isn't accurate either.
I've replace both my fuel pump and fuel filter already and it didn't effect it. But hey it might work for you!

Sounds like a good deal on the pump and filter by the way. :waytogo:

Fbell17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My fuel gauge constantly wiggles back and forth, and isn't accurate either.
I've replace both my fuel pump and fuel filter already and it didn't effect it. But hey it might work for you!

Sounds like a good deal on the pump and filter by the way. :waytogo:
Hey your in Denison? I was born in Sherman. Havent been back in a long time

Fbell17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah most of my family lives there. Dad in Houstan. Grandparents in Austin. Cousins in Vanalstine. I live here in SC with my mom. Love it here but i do miss home sometimes

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All the rest of my family is up in the Panhandle.. Except for an aunt and uncle in Florida.
Lived here my whole life! Love it!

Fbell17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I moved here in fifth grade. Never heard of mud tires or lift kits till I got here. Now they're all I think of haha