front skid plate upper bolts/washer ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok I took my skid plate off the truck yesterday and noticed both upper bolts were loose, and they had a funky looking washer behind the head of them. it was a big maybe 1-1/2 round washer that had a couple(2-4I forget) slits cut in it to allow a tab to come out or bend out, kind of like a lock ring or something to catch and lock into place. I think they should bo between the frame and skid plate but aint sure, mine were between the bolt head and skid plate.

So does anyone else have them goofy washers and are they behind the plate or just behind the bolt head?

1ugly88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
those washers go between the skid plate and the bolt head. those upper bolts don't actually hold the plate tight against the frame, just the lowers do. their designed to allow the plate to pivot once the lowers are removed.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
aahhh I see, thanks for the reply. I can understand that. That would allow you access without taking it off.