Front IFS Diff Swap 94 to 98

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok i currrently putting in a front diff from i believe a 98 thats regeared with yukon 4.56. I thought I could screw off the black piece and just screw in my thermal one and be good. But my 94 has this extra wire going in on top im not sure what to do. What would be the easiest way to pull this off. Could I just swap that whole shaft from the 94 ?? I dont care if the 98 actuactor is better or not Im fine keeping the 94 actuator. Im gunna eat and go back outside in a bit. I have pretty much all the bolts off to drop it. So if anyone can lend some insight it would be greatly appreciated thanks!

My 94.............

You must be registered for see images attach

***The diff going in.............

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i put that updated electric actuator kit in my 97, cant remember where the wires went but there is a plug in harness with a relay in it that goes with that actuator.

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
i would also like to know what the other connector is for. there is a 3.73 front diff on craigslist close to me but its from a 99 tahoe i know it will bolt in but i have no idea what the extra plug on my 94 is for.

cat-chevymech

Reaction score
i just did this same conversion on my truck what i did was cut the pig tail out of the 98 re pined it and two of the wires were ran to the two pole conector and i ran one of the wires to a switch so i can have 2wd low when i find out how to post pics i will do a write up untill then pm me and ill give you my number and ill txt them to youor if your near charlotte ill help you do the mod