Front Driveshaft Boot - 1999 K2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toasty167

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a suitable replacement front driveshaft boot for a 1999 K2500 Suburban? It covers the yoke splines where the driveshaft attaches to the front output of the NP246 transfer case.

GM part numbers appear to be 12471199 and 15084601, but both of these are discontinued and I can't find a replacement anywhere. I am rebuilding the transfer case and in the process discovered that the existing boot has multiple splits and is in poor condition.

You must be registered for see images attach

toasty167

Reaction score
Thanks for those links - I hadn't come across those.

I found GM 12471527 but the ends are the same size so it won't work.

toasty167

Reaction score
Close but nothing exact from Spicer unfortunately. Existing boot is 1.75" on the large end and 1.38" on the small end. 3" long but that dimension isn't critical. I don't suppose you are aware of any other suppliers?

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Close but nothing exact from Spicer unfortunately. Existing boot is 1.75" on the large end and 1.38" on the small end. 3" long but that dimension isn't critical. I don't suppose you are aware of any other suppliers?
You measuring the ID or OD of each end of the boot?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually did you measure the area of the shaft it clamps on. Any flexible mm material will have some give in it. I would start calling any drive shaft rebuilders. What about ford or Dodge they have 4 x 4. Yeah , GM doesn't carry it, so you have think outside the box, be creative. What about any of these?
You must be registered for see images attach

toasty167

Reaction score
Thanks for the links everyone.

Shock boots unfortunately are way too small of diameter.

Looks like the best candidate is Spicer 212010X. It's 1/16 and 1/8 too small on the two diameters respectively but I'm going to get one and see if it stretches a bit.

KansasOBS

Not Awesome
Reaction score
Id be interested in what you find out. The 261HD from my 2004 swap has the same configuration, kind of a trash design by GM. The boot on mine is bad, yours actually looks new compared to mine, lol. Part of the reason I had been thinking about swapping back in the OBS Borg Warner.