FNG/newbie with a few dumb questions on dash lights switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsonhd

Reaction score
as mentioned in the subject line I have just bought a 1995 GMC Yukon and was starting to fix a few items that needs attenion.

The questions are does the rear wiper and rear hatch switch supposed to light up at night when the Headlights are on and also the same for the on/off light switches in the overhead console?

I have already replaced the blown lights in the radio, gauge cluster, ashtray, glove box & 4wheel drive panel and was wondering if the above mention items had lights also, I understand that these may not be plug and play but was just curious if they were at one time backlighted

I have been a gearhead for years but this is the first yukon I have owned or worked on the interior lighting so I did not want to put time in effort in pulling them a part just to see but would if they are indeed backlighted and needed repaired

any and all replies would be appreciated

Thanks in advance
Jerry

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We have two obs with the rear wiper and hatch pop switch's and neither light up, and I'm pretty sure they never did, which button's on the over head console are you talking about?

jsonhd

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply on the dash switches, on the overhead console switches it is the small round on/off push button switches that turn on the map lights, they look to be painted so I do not think they are back lighted but I figured while I was asking to make sure and if needed to repair them but I did not want to tear them a part to find out that they never did

Thanks again for the reply as this will save me some time and labor

Jerry

jsonhd

Reaction score
Thank You so much for the replies, maybe one day I can return the favor
I really do appreciate you taking the time to reply

Thanks Again
Jerry