FML... Tahoe was wrecked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been in some hardcore wrecks in small cars. The cars never survive but I walk away unscathed. Give the cars some credit.

I personally just hate to sit in the passanger seat while others are driving. That is what scares me

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well heres the carnage guys. My poor poor baby, good news is when we picked it up the wrecker recognized my dad as a police officer and only charged us 60 bucks for the night it spent there and he towed it home for us. It looks mostly cosmetic but I still havent had a chance to get a quote on the damage.

You must be registered for see images attach

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Wow, how fast was he going? What happened exactly? He had to hit pretty hard to twist the metal like that. I'd say that there's most likely some kind of frame damage on the front passenger side where the bumper mounts to it. Looks like it might not have gotten to the wheel though, and that would be a good thing, but I also wonder what you're looking at for engine/radiator damage. For the most part, you can just replace and bolt on parts, assuming the frame or area by the passenger side door didn't get tweaked too bad. New fender, wheel well, radiator support, hood, and other front end parts from what I can see. All I know is that either that guy was stopped or your buddy was bookin' it, especially to get all that with a grille guard on. Sorry man, hope you can get it all straightened out.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That sucks man... that extended cab OBS looked like it was clean as well, I'm really diggin the rims on it.

NOLA_SoLo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
what happened to your tahoe looks similar to the damage my truck had when i bought it

most likely gonna need a new radiator core support
most likely the frame is bent a little
might need a new tie rod for that side
as far as the engine goes mine ran

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck was the last car in a line of 3 cars traveling down the frontage at expressway speeds the first car stopped to make a 90 degree turn into a business parking lot the car behind him(which was in front of my truck) was a giant f350 that swerved last minute to miss him and my truck never saw the first truck and bam. Didnt even have time to apply the brakes or anything...

I was rolling on liability only so everything to get the truck running again is coming outta my pocket. The wheels are still straight with no damage to tie rods or even the alignment. the bumper is pushing in the passenger tire pretty bad tho so along with a new front clip, radiator, im gonna need new tires. I was also leaking some steering fluid dont know if it was from hoses or the pump itself. I cant get the body shops to come out to my parents house to give us a quote so were gonna yank the bumper out tommorrow so we can tow it around and i can get a ball park figure.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
i would give everything a real good once over. dont assume the tie rod ends arent bent. i was makin a left turn thru an intersection and got hit by a girl comin straight through the interection at about 40mph. i ended up with 3 bent tie rods, and the passenger frame horns bentt down and left really far. it doesnt take much to bend the frame horns