Finished drop, finally

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I personally like the oem bumpers, moldings and chrome. I think they all flow well together and also help preserve the value of your truck. Good condition OEM bumpers aren't the easiest to come by these days either, I'm sure that's why your friend wants them.

Once you go roll pan, matching bumpers, etc, its a slippery slope of making everything 'perfect' and doesn't really add to the overall look of an already good looking truck.

Idle Serge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I, too, thought about doing the roll pan but after a bit, I really like the OEM finish on these trucks. Even the chrome trim has become pleasing to the eyes. Obviously, to each their own - the roll pan looks great when color matched. Ultimately, it's your call.

You must be registered for see images attach
2020-07-01_08-41-06 by Sergio Zapien, on Flickr

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I, too, thought about doing the roll pan but after a bit, I really like the OEM finish on these trucks. Even the chrome trim has become pleasing to the eyes. Obviously, to each their own - the roll pan looks great when color matched. Ultimately, it's your call.

Nice truck. I've been thinking about what direction I want to go with the wheels as the paint has peeled and I'm leaning towards black. What do you have on yours?

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I agree. I use to be all about roll pans. Had one on my blue 97. But it had that really square looking WT bumper. The ones like yours I think compliments and flow well on these trucks.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
I'm all for a roll pan, and smooth front bumper, and is the plan for my truck. I like the metal roll pan that LMC sells, and I've seen similar ones on ebay with free shipping for around $90.

For the front bumper I'm keeping an eye out for a factory one, and would also like it to be paintable, and not chrome.

I don't have a problem with chrome, but want to do a more monochromatic look on this truck.

LMC has some smooth bumpers too, but their shipping on big stuff is usually kind of high.

I miss all the resources for parts we use to have back in the 90s.

Idle Serge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice truck. I've been thinking about what direction I want to go with the wheels as the paint has peeled and I'm leaning towards black. What do you have on yours?

They actually could use a refinish TBH lol they are just flat blk paint - came that was when I got em. Along with the beauty rings and center caps with a blk sticker on the front of them. I'd love to powder coat them a nice dark gunmetal but I'll be utilizing these as winter wheels.

I agree. I use to be all about roll pans. Had one on my blue 97. But it had that really square looking WT bumper. The ones like yours I think compliments and flow well on these trucks.

I've learned that the amount of trim levels that these trucks came available with was by the masses! I'm still trying to figure out what is what lol