Finally got the truck I've been dreaming of for 23 years!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
:welcome: from the state of peninsulas! You got a great looking truck and are lucky to know the history that some of us (me) wish we could know the half of! I have to agree with the running boards going. They breed rust and just look old fashioned. A good set of 95+ mirrors and py0's would really set of the stock look. Especially if you intend to keep it as such. Maybe some stainless nerf bars from NASTA if You like a leg up. I can't say I would crank and block it.... Beautiful truck! Hope you enjoy your stay my friend.

Tyler/T-Unit

heavymetal

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I hear you about the running boards, dad added them and the grill guard when he purchased it, it also had a large camper top but that was removed back in 2005. I probably will remove the running boards but they did serve a purpose by keeping door dings away. I kinda like the factory mirrors though but I will look into the 95 mirrors. This truck has a perfect body and it has never been wrecked...hell, it's never been off road. It needs a paint job as the clear coat is peeling on the hood and roof. Interior is blue cloth in perfect condition. This truck is 100% stock (except for the grill guard and running boards) and I have all the paperwork for it. I am thinking of keeping it stock but maybe adding larger tires and possibly aftermarket wheels but I do like the original 16" rally wheels. I may change my mind and lift it though. I am excited to finally pick it up tomorrow.

What are these "py0's" everyone keeps talking about?

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
They are the GMT 800 HD wheels. Py0 is actually an RPO code for aluminum alloy wheels. It spans across many models but for the GMT 800 3/4 and 1 ton single rear wheel Py0 will get you these shiny sexy wheels.

You must be registered for see images

Throw a set of them with 285s on and you will be golden.

This pic also has the 95+ mirrors and a newer grille but you get the idea.

Tyler/T-Unit

Last edited:

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Glad you finally got your truck! Definitely start a build thread for it!

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk