Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hzemall

Reaction score
Ok, 74 pages later I have a few questions.

1. What trucks would have the 8 pin plug that these mirrors will plug jnto?

2. My truck is a 92 C3500, what options did GM have then that I could use to turn the heated part on and auto turn off?

3. If no ohm options what switches have you guys used to control the heat?

4. Has anyone found replacement clear lenses yet?

5. Has anyone found a source for the glass with the arrow that bolts in?

6. 88gmctruck, where did you tie into your power sources so the signals work with out the park lights on, at the column? That would make the most sense I would think.

My Truck came with the chrome flag mirrors, I installed the CITY powered dumbo ear ones where it's just one big mirror and the we're great when towing but these GMT800 mirrors are awesome and I think they look great on my dumped dually.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
See the RED below.

Ok, 74 pages later I have a few questions.

1. What trucks would have the 8 pin plug that these mirrors will plug jnto?
GMT800 trucks 99-02. The signal portion will come seperate, I had to add it to the 8-pin plug.

2. My truck is a 92 C3500, what options did GM have then that I could use to turn the heated part on and auto turn off?
Rear defog switch would work

3. If no ohm options what switches have you guys used to control the heat?
in my 88 it's just an on off switch that is only 12V with the key on.

4. Has anyone found replacement clear lenses yet?
not that i know of

5. Has anyone found a source for the glass with the arrow that bolts in?
I've seen the glass on ebay, amazon and the dealer with the arrows in it but the LED part wasn't included to my knowledge.

6. 88gmctruck, where did you tie into your power sources so the signals work with out the park lights on, at the column? That would make the most sense I would think.
Yes at the column on my 88 for both. On my 98 and 99 with power windows the parking light circuit is already in the door, just have to run the signals.

My Truck came with the chrome flag mirrors, I installed the CITY powered dumbo ear ones where it's just one big mirror and the we're great when towing but these GMT800 mirrors are awesome and I think they look great on my dumped dually.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
I cant find these on ebay anymore. Can anyone post a link to just power mirrors? Optionracing doesn't have any GM tows.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Just type "88-98 tow(ing) mirrors" on ebay. You'll find plenty. They don't need to be sold by optionracing since they're all made in the same factory, just make sure they have a good selling record.

El_Gringo

Reaction score
Hello, thanks for writing. But only one thing still is not clear for me. The installation of this mirrors is bolt-on or I need to provide some additional actions? I mean only installation, not wiring or something else.

Also, I'm sure answer should be somewhere up, but about power mirror connection. Connectors are similar with GMT 400 or not?

Thanks for answers.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Hello, thanks for writing. But only one thing still is not clear for me. The installation of this mirrors is bolt-on or I need to provide some additional actions? I mean only installation, not wiring or something else.

Also, I'm sure answer should be somewhere up, but about power mirror connection. Connectors are similar with GMT 400 or not?

Thanks for answers.
Bolt on and power mirrors plug right in to factory harness..

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
What fast orange said, bolt right in, power is plug and play unless they are heated then you need to change the plug out

El_Gringo

Reaction score
Thanks. About heating, I've provide similar operation on my wife's 3 door Tahoe(I've installed heated OEM mirrors on 96 Tahoe), so it will not be a problem to install it on my truck. I'll try to do this mod ASAP.

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No luck finding the power heated mirrors, just power, and my 99 GMT400 suburban has factory heated, anybody have a link to a current auction? My Google fu is apparently weak tonight as I searched and found nothing.