Factory fog lights inop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

limited_obs

Reaction score
Hello everyone, first time posting on this thread. I got a 2000 Tahoe limited with factory fog lights. I can’t get the fog lights to work, the switch does not light up when you turn it on either.also my drl do not work I’m not sure if those two circuits are tied together some how. Does anyone have any insight on how to approach this? Also where is the fog light relay located I can’t find it anywhere? I did verify the fog light fuse is good also.

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
Usually the relay is in the convenience center down by the pedals. Both the DRL relay and fog relay. If this is like my '96 C1500 and the fog relay is working then the issue may be in the DRL control module because the relay coil ground is provided by the DRL control module. But the ground won't be provided if the hi-beams are on, only the on low beam will the module allow the ground. Since you said also the DRL was also not working, it would be good to ensure there is a ground out of the module, which should be its black wire.

limited_obs

Reaction score
Where is the drl module? Any clue by any chance? I did replace the drl
Diode hoping that was the problem but still no luck with the diode. I did check the convenience center for relay but it only has 1 relay on that fuse box? Not sure if it is the drl relay or the fog lamp relay. It’s the relay located next to flasher.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are the diagnostics for inoperative fog lamps and inoperative switch indicator lamp, maybe it will help...

You must be registered for see images attach

limited_obs

Reaction score
Appreciate the schematics, I’m looking at my convenience center and I don’t have the fog lamp relay in that location #3 it’s just an empty slot with no pins either. I am very confused now since I have a 2000 limited Tahoe and those came standard with fog lights. The only really I see in my convenience center is the drl relay and the turn signal flasher

limited_obs

Reaction score
Any idea if the year 2000 was slightly different with the location of the fog lmao relay?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I kind of doubt that it would be different since 2000 was the last year for these, but couldn’t say for sure.

If there are no pins at that location, then it does sound like something changed. Those diagrams are for a 98.

@Z71Hobbs might know, he has sold a few of these factory fog light sets on here and may recall where the relay is.

Last edited:

delta_p

Reaction score
Great info from @east302 . I don't know where the convenience center is on a 2000 Tahoe. My '96 truck has it where east showed. Is it possible the fog lights were added by a previous owner and wired their own set up? My first thought was the relay was missing, but you said there weren't any pins anyway.

limited_obs

Reaction score
Really appreciate all the feedback I’m getting from everybody, the convenience center is in the same location as all Tahoe’s but I just don’t seem to have any relay in location 3 which is where the diagram shows the fog lamp relay shows is at for 98 model year. I’m trying to find out if gm changes the relay location on the year 2000. Hopefully someone has dealt with this

delta_p

Reaction score
Really appreciate all the feedback I’m getting from everybody, the convenience center is in the same location as all Tahoe’s but I just don’t seem to have any relay in location 3 which is where the diagram shows the fog lamp relay shows is at for 98 model year. I’m trying to find out if gm changes the relay location on the year 2000. Hopefully someone has dealt with this

I think I saw it in the underhood box. I saw one on this that said FOG LP which I assume to be fog lamps.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media