extra hole in tb spacer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
I don't have a picture handy but if you Google up a Spectre 11253.

There is a 4th hole (giggity), that lines up with the idle passage of the tb. Never seen it on any other brand spacer. Doesn't make sense since there is no 4th hole in the manifold. Doesn't seem like it would hurt either.

Anybody got any ideas on this?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
And this is on a?

I assume its his 95 5.7 in the Sig line. The 6.5 would make no sense at all....:)

TBI:

You must be registered for see images attach

Spacer:

You must be registered for see images

Been a while since I messed with one, but looks like a passage might line up with it.....I won't swear to it, but I think that is an egr passage iirc.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Nope, sorry. Gray matter just kicked in. The passage the hole seems to line up with is the iac port.

Should be sealed on the bottom, at least it is on the gm tbi base gasket. Not sure what its doing there on the spectre one....

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats odd never seen one like that, ones ive seen just had the bolt holes

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
Yeah. When bolted to the manifold it dead ends on the base of the manifold. When I throw on my ultimate tbi I recently finished I'll let ya know if it idles weird.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like an error in the manufacturing that they simply corrected with another hole in the correct spot. If you weren't looking at the bottom of a TBI unit, it "seems" like that's where the 3rd bolt hole should go.

Chinese QC at its best. :gr_grin:

Richard

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
even the gaskets with it have that hole