Exhaust Gas Recirculation Hose + Long Tube Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sideburnz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently installed a complete 2 ½” dual exhaust system along with JBA-6830SJT - Competition-Ready Headers, twin Flowmaster 40 series mufflers, and set of high flow cats on my 99 Tahoe 2DR 2WD.

During the install I deleted the exhaust gas recirculation hose that ran from the rear of the driver’s side exhaust manifold to the intake manifold just under the EGR value. I then used a threaded fitting to block off the empty hole that was left in the intake manifold.

Thought everything was “good to go” but now the “check engine soon” light is on and is throwing error code:

· PO401 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected

Same code listed 2 times!

I know I am going to have to fabricate a custom exhaust gas recirculation hose. Luckily, I had an unused O2 bung on the driver’s side header and I can just remove the threaded fitting (mentioned earlier) out of the intake manifold. What I am trying to figure out is the kind of end fittings and tubing do I need to fabricate an exhaust gas recirculation hose? Appearance does matter!

Thank You