Engine won't crank over. Smoke coming from pos. batt terminal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Possible too... I usually don't have a/c so always forget them plugs. lol. Those with a/c that I've dealt with have been a two wire connector though. If I remember right....... I could be wrong on that though. Like I said been a while since I've had a/c in any vehicle though.

Sent from what use to be a great country.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The big connector is for the knock sensor (which you may not have) the purple wire is the original wire that goes on the small terminal of the solenoid to activate the starter

Travis

Reaction score
SOLVED! :D

She fired right up! The problem was the main wire going from the alternator to the battery. It was corroded most of the way through, creating a TON of resistance. I replaced it with a new, 2awg automotive grade wire. Thank you all for your help!

What I learned: If a wire is corroded in to the sheathing at all, replace it. The simplest answer may be the right answer. I do not have a knock sensor and with a push button start and MSD ignition, the stock wire to activate the starter is not necessary. I learned that removing the starter is MUCH easier than holding the heavy ******* in place and trying to get the bolts to catch, especially if you are crawling under the truck without lifting it off the ground. ;)

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No problem. That's what we are all here for. Glad it fixed it for yah..,

Sent from what use to be a great country.