engine swap with 1996+ NV4500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walmer68

Reaction score
i have a 1968 chevy c20 and blew my motor. so i got the idea of putting a 350 a 5 speed in it (that should get a least a lil better the the 6mpg i was getting :) )
well i found a 94 350 and i found a 96 nv4500 only problem is the guy selling the 350 said he tried to mate it to his tranny in his 96 and it didnt pan out to well. he never said what his tranny was so i'm clueless if this is a good investment of if i'm just sticking my head in the sand

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He shouldn't have run in to problems, and I don't see why you would as long as the NV4500 is not a Dodge version. Even BBC/SBC should be compatible with just a change of flywheel.

nodark

Reaction score
...only problem is the guy selling the 350 said he tried to mate it to his tranny in his 96 and it didnt pan out to well. he never said what his tranny was

I'm thinking he was probably trying to mate the 94 tbi motor to a 96 vortec (different computer) tranny (4l60 = computer controlled) but I'm totally guessing.

gnrl

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 1968 chevy c20 and blew my motor. so i got the idea of putting a 350 a 5 speed in it (that should get a least a lil better the the 6mpg i was getting :) )
well i found a 94 350 and i found a 96 nv4500 only problem is the guy selling the 350 said he tried to mate it to his tranny in his 96 and it didnt pan out to well. he never said what his tranny was so i'm clueless if this is a good investment of if i'm just sticking my head in the sand

these issues can be resolved without too much work.