engine idles high

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91sonoma

Reaction score
A freind has a 1993 with a 350 w/a 4l60e trans. It started to idle high, shift hard and stall sometimes. He chainged the iac, and tps but did not work. I hooked up my scanner and it would not connect. all fuses are good. Any idea's to look for.

Mycotroph

Reaction score
did you check for vacuum leaks? if the lines are all good try spraying some starter fluid around the tbi if it bogs down the seal is sucking air

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A freind has a 1993 with a 350 w/a 4l60e trans. It started to idle high, shift hard and stall sometimes. He chainged the iac, and tps but did not work. I hooked up my scanner and it would not connect. all fuses are good. Any idea's to look for.
WHAT scan tool did you use? Is is supposed to work with a '93? Have you used it on other OBD-1 vehicles successfully?

Sabinoerc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best is to get scanner to work. Without any scan data first thing I’d do is check fuel pressure, check or replace CTS, and clean all the grounds, especially one at CTS as I think it’s ground for PCM

91sonoma

Reaction score
Checked all fuses then pulled the ecm out and found corrosion on the terminals, cleaned with electrical contact cleaner, Trucks runs great now.