EGR Hose Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A year or so ago, I put a kink in my EGR hose when I was doing my intake gaskets. Naturally, I decided to wait until a couple months before I need to get emission tested to fix it. I put a new lower intake on when I did my intake gaskets, so I'm not worried about that coming out, I'm more concerned about it leaving threads in the manifold when I replace it. Has anyone had this issue, or any suggestions with pulling it?
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChopTop

Reaction score
Not that I've had any issues personally with it., I haven't really hear of anyone have any issues with it either. Just use some quality penetrating oil and you sbould be good., best of luck if you don't here back from anyone else.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
I recently replaced my ERG hose on my 96. The exhaust manifold has a threaded fitting in it that the hose attaches. worst case is the fitting will screw out with the hose. if that happens just snip cut the hose and remove it and the fitting. Then screw the fitting back in the manifold and put the new hose nut on.