EEPROM programmer hardware question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bucketta

Reaction score
Would something like this (attached photo) work to write custom eeprom chips for my 95 tbi c1500? I can’t seem to find any of the moates stuff for sale anywhere.

Attachments

• C0A2C3D2-2D8C-4E25-A2A2-97AA27ED46BC.png
    C0A2C3D2-2D8C-4E25-A2A2-97AA27ED46BC.png
    647.8 KB · Views: 10

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would something like this (attached photo) work to write custom eeprom chips for my 95 tbi c1500?
Are you gonna convert your MEMCAL to accept an EEPROM? Here's a thread on how to...
www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?178-427-PCM-Memcal-Mod-for-27SF512-Chip

I use the Moates Burn2 for "authentic" SST27SF512 chips
www.moates.net/burn2-chip-programmer-p-197.html?cPath=94

With this cable

Another thread with a link to a chip burner that will program all chips (EPROM and EEPROM) GM uses.
www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?8359-Moates-sst27sf512-price-increase

Bucketta

Reaction score
Are you gonna convert your MEMCAL to accept an EEPROM? Here's a thread on how to...
www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?178-427-PCM-Memcal-Mod-for-27SF512-Chip

I use the Moates Burn2 for "authentic" SST27SF512 chips
www.moates.net/burn2-chip-programmer-p-197.html?cPath=94

With this cable

Another thread with a link to a chip burner that will program all chips (EPROM and EEPROM) GM uses.
www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?8359-Moates-sst27sf512-price-increase
Thank you

Bucketta

Reaction score
I’m sorry, I didn’t read careful enough. I’m just getting into tuning, or attempting to tune my truck and I still haven’t quite figured it out yet. I’m trying to get a list of all the hardware that I need to order. And trying to do it as affordable as I can.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m just getting into tuning, or attempting to tune my truck and I still haven’t quite figured it out yet. I’m trying to get a list of all the hardware that I need to order. And trying to do it as affordable as I can.
Ok, aside from the info on post #2, you'll want TunerProRT (and a laptop) to data log and modify your .bin
www.tunerpro.net/

Some research on how to on TunerPro's site and here.
www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/forumdisplay.php?27-TunerPro-Tuning-Talk

Some definitions to familiarize yourself
www.gearhead-efi.com/gm-ecm-pcm-conversion/efi-dictionary.html

Bucketta

Reaction score
Ok, aside from the info on post #2, you'll want TunerProRT (and a laptop) to data log and modify your .bin
www.tunerpro.net/

Some research on how to on TunerPro's site and here.
www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/forumdisplay.php?27-TunerPro-Tuning-Talk

Some definitions to familiarize yourself
www.gearhead-efi.com/gm-ecm-pcm-conversion/efi-dictionary.html
Thank you for the help. One more question, would this work to make my own aldl cable?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One more question, would this work to make my own aldl cable?
If you wanna attempt it, personally, I'd go with the one I posted so I'm sure it's not another unknown when trying to go online with the processor.