EASY BLINKER AND RUNNING LIGHT SETUP FOR LED TOW MIRRORS..... DONE IN 5 MINUTES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Yes. The window switches aren't in the dimmed circuit like the cluster/HVAC. You could also pick up the 12V parking circuit at the headlight switch itself.

Much easier to run wire from the door harness and just one wire to the column from each side.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
^ that's right, but will they flash the same as having them wired to that parking light? Might have to experiment.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I believe they will.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome. I will be doing this this weekend. How did you run the wire from the mirrors to the front signals? Did you have to run a wire for each mirror?

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

through the door the wires were long enough that came with the mirrors red n black with the white lil stripes.. i did my install at night lol i was lazy but u can do the steering column... if u dare lol

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You know the signal wire 12V are under the dash at the steering column, and parking lights are all over the dash. Even better, 95+ trucks even have parking light 12V already in the door (they light up the window switches).

Your mirrors should have came with instructions on tapping into the signal wire under the dash, IIRC it even tells you which colors.

but it wont blink??? im gonna wire everything so that when i turn left or right every light inside and out lights up n blinks hahahaa extra safe

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
through the door the wires were long enough that came with the mirrors red n black with the white lil stripes.. i did my install at night lol i was lazy but u can do the steering column... if u dare lol

If you think that is scary, I must be a mad scientist of wiring.... You have no idea how many things I've added to my trucks electronics. And 99% of them you can't even tell.

In my 02, I installed factory PWDL (which was a complete cab harness change, and the donor was a crew cab so some of the wiring was re-worked) and the later removed the entire dash again, cut the loom open and installed a remote start alarm fully tied into the factory wiring harness and re-loomed the entire thing. Seriously, it's just as if GM did it. There is only 1 module you can see under the dash, and that is because i needed access to it. Everything else is tied so far in there.... LOL.

I also had to build the entire mirror harness for my 88, since 88-94 trucks didn't have power, let alone heated or signal mirrors.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you think that is scary, I must be a mad scientist of wiring.... You have no idea how many things I've added to my trucks electronics. And 99% of them you can't even tell.

In my 02, I installed factory PWDL (which was a complete cab harness change, and the donor was a crew cab so some of the wiring was re-worked) and the later removed the entire dash again, cut the loom open and installed a remote start alarm fully tied into the factory wiring harness and re-loomed the entire thing. Seriously, it's just as if GM did it. There is only 1 module you can see under the dash, and that is because i needed access to it. Everything else is tied so far in there.... LOL.

I also had to build the entire mirror harness for my 88, since 88-94 trucks didn't have power, let alone heated or signal mirrors.

steering column wires oooooeee a haloween nightmare i think i want to wire a 48 smd led or multiple ones under my hood when i open it yaaaa does anyone have that lol

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
hey guys looks like we are having tow mirror fun over here so I gots me a good ole mod up question. does anyone know what all I will need to wire up my heated tows in my non heated crewcab??? I saw someone say the needed wiring can be found in the door of a truck that has heated mirrors. I have a u-pull I can play in so getting wiring should be easy. but I have no Idea what all I need and I'm not in a hurry to burn up my 250 dollar mirrors. so I know I need a heater control with the defrost button. but is all the needed wiring inside that switch or is there more to it than that someone please help. lol

btw I wired my tows to turn on with parking and flash also love them mirrors.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach