Durette121's 97 Vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

durette121

Reaction score
bit of an update, budget is tight so trying to work with what i have.

Tailights were...well...yea

You must be registered for see images attach

did a few light coats of tint to make them look somewhat better, for now.

Signal lights are aftermarket clears, i had some moisture build up in one so thought i would do a little experiment.
Oh yea the lights in the oven set at 270f for 15 minutes.

Once you take them out act quickly on removing the lense, yes it will come off with a little persuasion (simple butter knife works for me) gently prying the lense from the light housing. i've painted the chrome inside black, comming out with this...

and the final product...

i'll try snapping better pictures tomorrow in better light, my phone camera is terrible sorry guys!

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
looking much better! Gota love white trucks.......I would look into rims with backspacing and some bigger tires for a meaner look. Did you crank it yet?

durette121

Reaction score
looking much better! Gota love white trucks.......I would look into rims with backspacing and some bigger tires for a meaner look. Did you crank it yet?

Thanks! rims are definitely on the list, haven't looked at any brands yet though. I have cranked it not all the way, The backs squatting slightly right now. I'll take a side view pic tomorrow, planning to do some minor body work on the lower half, I've been debating on painting the body line down in black.

durette121

Reaction score
Also as promised some pics of it at half crank