drop help..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alex151

Reaction score
hey guys looking to set up my truck with a lower stance..was thinking maybe a 3' 5 that way if i ever decide to go lower i can easily just get spindles in front and i will have a flip kit in the rear already. any one have a picture of there 3' 5? believe there was a blue single cab that was dropped this way at one point on here

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
a flip is 6" drop...

it would cost the same to lower the front 3" as it would 4".... same process, i'd go 4" in the front..flip the back and get shock extenders and shorter shocks. (i have rear 67 impala shocks on mine..rides smooooth)

a 3/6 wouldn't sit level... if you used hanger/shackles you'd get 4 inches, if you flipped for the rear for 6" later, you'd have to undo the hangers/shackles and put the stock ones back on or sit at 8+ inches of drop in the rear.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
Either do a 3/4 or a 4/6. I ran 3/6 on my truck till I could afford spindles. You're gonna wanna go lower if you do 3/4 I'm tellin you now. 2" springs and 2"spindles and a flip kit you'll be set. Preferably all djm, I don't remember I you can get the full djm flip without the notch, but alot of people reccome d the belltech notch since it wraps around the frame. Hope this helps some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alex151

Reaction score
thanks guys. was thinking of getting the flip kit along with a lift shackle. im on a budget and really dont want to cut frame.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
If you dont want to cut then 4" in the rear is all you can go. Any lower and you will be slapping the frame with your axle.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
word plus its super easy just save up a couple more weeks and do it once make it easier on yourself

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you dont want to cut then 4" in the rear is all you can go. Any lower and you will be slapping the frame with your axle.

word plus its super easy just save up a couple more weeks and do it once make it easier on yourself

What they said.

My suggestion is to go ahead and go with the 4/6 from the start. If you decided that's not quite enough, you can swap out the front springs for some 3" and add a shackle in the 1" hole to the rear.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yup. Go 4/6. My '98 is 4/7. (modded 6" drop.) My '97 is 2/4. Only reason I did the 2/4 was because I still use the truck as a truck. Should of gone to the 4/6 and got it over with! The 2/4 was a bigger PITA to do than the 4/6! I'l never do another 2/4. 3/5 is a conundrum. You have two choices to do that. Remove a leaf, which will give you a crappy ride. Or do as your thinking. A 6" drop raised 1" via a raised shackle. Either way, for that you WILL have to notch the frame, but probably not the box cross-member, which is typical of a 6" drop.
Don't be creating a whole mess of probs for yourself, & go 4/6! Do it once. Do it right.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Go ahead and do the 4-6 and cut that frame for a notch, it's only steel, go fo it!

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
I have done a 4 inch rear drop and a 6 inch rear drop. The 4 inch drop is a PIA compared to the 6" flip kit. The front hangers are a nightmare to deal with if you don't have the right cutting tools. And getting the bolts in for the drop hangers are pain on the side with the gas tank.