Driver's seat Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
In my 95 k1500 extended cab I hate the electric driver's seat because if I want to get into or put something large in the back I have to push the seat forward with the electric switch and it takes too long. I am thinking about replacing it with a non electric Passenger seat. I know the controls for the back rest and lumbar will be on the wrong side and sandwiched up against the console but it is a sacrifice i will be willing to make because those will not change that often. Has anyone done this or know if it would be just a pure bolt on deal?

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
my current seat leans in pretty good to the center of the truck so I was considering swapping the entire seat. However, depending on what i fine in the salvage yard for condition, color, and cost difference just switching the bottom may be the way to go.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Your seat leans to the center? That's weird. Most of the older seats lean to the outside due getting in & out of the truck. I can't count how many times that I've had to do that repair. Dodge trucks are the worst! Fixing those for that prob when they're 6 months old.
Sounds like you have something broken inside yours. Could be something with the frame of the seat, or the riser. Not a hard fix. Probably a weld or two would fix it up, once you get the cover & foam off.
As far as not liking the electronics, jsut swap out the electric tracks for some manual ones. But the controls for the electrics would have to stay (they just wouldn't work) otherwise you would have a gapping hole where they were.
You could also have an upholstery shop replace the side panel, where the controls used to be, while you have the cover off to fix whatever is broken inside the seat. In my shop, that's about a $20-$30.00 fix.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
I don't know if it leans to the center because someone reached in the back repeatedly or what happened. I will have to pull the cover off to look into that. If I switch the bases would I still be able to wire it so that the electronic lumbar support would still work and just have the movement mechanism not be functional?

carluvr

Reaction score
My '95 K1500 leans to the inside too. I've also thought this was kind of strange. Must be a weak point on the frame as mentioned above. Just need to some time to take the seat apart and see what's going on.......

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your seat doesn't have the entry lever on the seat back like in this pic.
You must be registered for see images

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Entry lever on driver power seat does not slide the seat all the way forward like it does on the passenger side. I don't like it either, but I've gotten used to loading larger items from the pass side.

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bet if you fix the frame so the seat was straight it would slide all the way.