Drive shaft legths

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996greanbean

Reaction score
Well to sum it up I’m building Frankensteins truck. I have a 1996 k1500 ext cab 3 door Silverado on a 6in suspension lift (rc). I got a deal on a 1997 k3500 crew cab (only the cab). Plan is to cut the frame on the 1500 and swap the crew cab onto it. I’ve measured out 13in difference between the cabs so I bought an old frame from a 1997 Tahoe and cut out the 13in that I know I will need. Not to worried if the cab mounts don’t fit I can just weld in some after I get the cab sat down.

My question is does anyone know what the drive shaft setup is on the crew cab obs trucks? I’ve seen some people say one piece, I’ve seen other people say two piece with a carrier bearing. I know the frame difference is going to be 13in so do I just get a custom shaft built 13inches longer? Looking for any advice you guys might have, thanks in advance.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is it gonna be? A crew cab short bed, or something custom? CCSB's have a 2 piece d/s, I can measure mine if needed.