double din dash kit???????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah.... I like how clean this looks. No offence to his work, because it looks top notch, but I hate the site of dash kits in general. I'll snap a picture of my father in laws double din install, easily the best I have ever done.... but his car just needed the brakets for behind the dash.

Reaction score
they also will do the whole thing for ya if you wanna cough up the extra cash
http://www.thedetailss.com/95-99_CK_Double_Din__COMPLE.html

HOLY CRAP!!! OVER $400 BUCKS TO CUT OUT THE BAR!?!?!?!? Sir id imagine that any double din stereo you were to purchase would come with a trim piece ( as most all aftermarket stereos do) Personal with no disrespect, id just cut out the bar myself and save almost $500 bucks... You can fab up some brackets to move the A.C. down and to mount the stereo..

Last edited:

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
yea that kit is not worth the money at all. You will need to get some thin abs plastic to go around the unit. If you go with the kit or not, you have to trim some stuff behind the radio for clearance. For the a/c controls you can move them to the glove box, get an overhead console, or cut the cubby bigger and put them there. It would be cheaper to pay a shop to do it than to buy that kit!

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im more than likely going a completely different route, just stumbld across this and brought it up.

on a side note, which over heads have the climate controls up there? I have a 97ec and have an overhead, but no controls.