double din and climate controls?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There should be a tab on each side of the CD player that has to be pushed down. Of course you have to remove the dash panel first, then it should slide right out. Mine's a 97 but it should be the same for the 96.

The head unit is that way, but the divorced CD player or pocket if you dont have that option doesnt have anything obvious like that.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would also like to know this.

Not without a lot of fiberglass and bondo. Now I was in a Kodiak one time and they dont have vents in the middle stack-just a big cubby (at least that one did). If you were to block off your center A/C vents, and found one of those Kodiak center pieces, it might make for a pretty clean and semi stock installation.

Reaction score
dont know if you have thought,, but i wanted a newer nav system( a factory unit) and they said it has to be ran through the original vehicle computer in order to work... Is there a way around this?

2smokey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

nickl011

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I do this, I plan to install the head unit into the dash exactly the way 97bowtie1106 did on his RCSB. I think it is the cleanest install and it doesnt appear to be really "custom", more so factory looking, which is what I like. For the HVAC controls, I plan to move them down to my NBS console where the slave CD player would normally go.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Wierd:think: I would have thought it was the same no matter what. Mine did have the CD player separate from the radio, but I switched it out for one that had a CD built in and an Ipod wire. HU, HVAC, and CD player/Cubby all have the "rails" on the side with the tabs.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wierd:think: I would have thought it was the same no matter what. Mine did have the CD player separate from the radio, but I switched it out for one that had a CD built in and an Ipod wire. HU, HVAC, and CD player/Cubby all have the "rails" on the side with the tabs.

Maybe Im just brain dead. Ill look again, maybe I just need my glasses...

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, the CD player does have the levers-theyre just hidden real well. The pocket doesnt, and you have to be real careful not to break off the little tabs when you pull it out-ask me how I know....