door interchangability 92 to a 95

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 1995 1500 and am planning on doing some body and paint work on the truck soon. I will be replacing the doors because the ones on the truck now are rusted through on the bottoms. I recently picked up some clean doors off an 92 for cheap. Im planning on gutting the doors down to the bare shell, painting them, and then putting everything from the current doors into the ones i just purchased. My question is that will the interior door panel, inner door panel etc. fit onto the 92 doors? I read a different post that said the 88-94 doors and the 95-98 doors were slightly different and there was a slight clearence issue on the inside of the door but nothing major. The repo doors ive seen are listed 88-98 so that means doors from a 92 should fit a 95 right?? . My question is do you think it will be easy to use the doors off the 92 on the 95?? Has anyone out there ever used doors from a 88-94 truck on a 95-98 truck????

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Yes, I used doors off of a 1993 on a 1998, and ran into issues. It requires a bit of denting to fit the inside metal panel that attaches the regulator, etc. Other than that, they will work. I used a heavy dolly on the inside, with about a 2 lb shop hammer, when the doors were hanging. ( they were already painted inside ) The difference is the newer doors have extra clearance for the new inside handle location. ( moved forward and up in the door relative to everything else )

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just did the same thing and as posted above just minor clearancing, no big deal.