dome light swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im wondering what it would take to swap dome lights on a obs truck? i have a ext cab with the old style dome light so im sure it is possible but how would you run the wires because on my truck there are 2 wires but there are 3 on the new style dome light

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it wont let me upload pictures for some reason right now but there is the square style like what i have now and what ive seen were the most common in the pickups, then there is the style the has the 2 circle lights on the side that for the most part i see in suburbans and tohoes

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
it wont let me upload pictures for some reason right now but there is the square style like what i have now and what ive seen were the most common in the pickups, then there is the style the has the 2 circle lights on the side that for the most part i see in suburbans and tohoes

i need pics, i have no clue what your talking about. must be a Burb/Hoe thing.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Yes, they're mainly in SUVs.

I put one in my truck, don't remember what I did, I'll look at it and get back to you. I think the third wire is a ground, and I just put an eyelet end on it and used the mounting screw to ground it

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Not sure, haven't had that issue. If the pics downloaded, all you have to do is go to it and click on the text where it says IMG on the right side of the screen, it will automatically copy it and then you just paste it into the text box on here