DNX9980HD install in my 97 Chevy Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ouch... I feel ur pain my obs brothers... Im gonna go simple and hookup a 7 inch Android tab off an aux and be done... but another suggestion I have for u cablguy is getting an nbs center console (like mine).and puting ur controls in there..? Either way im sure u wont fail to shock us with ur setup...

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ouch... I feel ur pain my obs brothers... Im gonna go simple and hookup a 7 inch Android tab off an aux and be done... but another suggestion I have for u cablguy is getting an nbs center console (like mine).and puting ur controls in there..? Either way im sure u wont fail to shock us with ur setup...
link to a pic of your center console please ...

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks totaly cool Sir ... but not what I'm looking for ...
Mine will have a floor shifter ... like the "old school" muscle cars ...
Plus, I do not want anything in the center area in front of the seats ... because of sound stage and image for Car Audio competition, each driver (speaker) is stregiticly aimed in certain directions to make a 5.1 surround sound theatrical effect ...

I'm looking for something like what was in the old Chevelles / Camaros / Vegas / Vets / Oldsmobiles ...

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nah ... just tuning ...
Not going to start on the A/C control area until I get back from Memphis next weekend ...
We might be doing some stuff to the outside of the truck this weekend ... ???

but as far as the performance of this headunit ... There is no comparison to anything I've ever owned (i've been into car audio since 1985) ...
Amazing unit ... I'm hooked on Kenwood ...

I have my amps for sale ...