DNX9980HD install in my 97 Chevy Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to see what you did with the A/C controls....
Honnestly, I want this project done before the MECA Event in Feb. but, I do not see it happening ...
I may get the framework made ... but not much time for fiberglassing, also may seem too cold for fiberglassing ...
I want to find me a set of bucket seats so I can get to work on building me a console with a B&M (or whatever is hot these days, havent checked) floor shifter ...
project is always never ending ... Got to love Chevy Sport Trucks !!!

Chevyboy95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
definitely, i might know a bit about car audio, but i need to learn about performance and such too.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its funny I actually only live about 10 mins away from theyre santa fe/ whittier location... But back 2 bin-ness... Y dont u fab ur dash bezel & squeeze ur a/c controls in the stock cd player location theDetailss.com style...

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ease of system maintenance ... Car audio Judges pay close attention to this install category ...
This head unit had ALOT of wires and I have very little room as it is ... and more needs to be hooked up ...
squeezing the AC controls in there would give me a hard time to adjust this system when needed ...
I have yet to install a fuse for every amp with in 18 inches of the headunit (according to MECA install specs) for safety ...
I have no need for a ashtray in my vehicle ...
so why not utilize the space and get the AC controls completly out of the way and stay within driver distance at the same time ...

For some reason, I like doing things custom ... most of the Car Audio work done to my truck, there is not another vehicle like it in the world ...
Makes it mine !!! besides, what fun would it be to just buy a "Kit" and make it look like everyone elses ride ???

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Ease of system maintenance ... Car audio Judges pay close attention to this install category ...
This head unit had ALOT of wires and I have very little room as it is ... and more needs to be hooked up ...
squeezing the AC controls in there would give me a hard time to adjust this system when needed ...
I have yet to install a fuse for every amp with in 18 inches of the headunit (according to MECA install specs) for safety ...
I have no need for a ashtray in my vehicle ...
so why not utilize the space and get the AC controls completly out of the way and stay within driver distance at the same time ...

For some reason, I like doing things custom ... most of the Car Audio work done to my truck, there is not another vehicle like it in the world ...
Makes it mine !!! besides, what fun would it be to just buy a "Kit" and make it look like everyone elses ride ???

I feel your pain! And this is without the traffic tuner, backup camera, or subwoofer wiring!

You must be registered for see images attach