Directions and difficulty in installing teckpak tcc valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello,

I am going to be installing my derale tranny pan soon and would like to attempt to install the teckpak tcc valve. I have not done anything really inside of the tranny. I have read up on it and know that the check balls need to go back in the same spots, the bolt locations are specific for the valve body, etc.

My questions are:

1. Does anyone have the instructions for installation without taking off the valve body? Teckpaks instructions say "coming soon....installation without removing the valve body"

2. What are the torque specs for putting the vb back in?

3. Should I do anything else while doing this other than fluid, filter, pan gasket, and my new pan?

4. How difficult did you guys find the install?

5. Any special tools? Don't want to get in there and not have something to complete it.

Any how to's post up....but it seems pretty straightforward. I hope I notice a difference in lockup.

Thanks, Jeff

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got a response to my email to Teckpak and they said the following:

" Yes the TTC can be replaced without removing the valve body. The trick is to spread the retaining clip, which holds the TTC in place, from the bottom side. Once the clip is spread the valve will pop out and can then be removed. After replacing the valve with the new part……just insert the clip from the bottom."

This is probably the way I am going to go so I dont have to mess with any check balls.

Anyone else tried this?

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No one given this install a try? If not, no worries, I'll let you know how it goes

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got a response to my email to Teckpak and they said the following:

" Yes the TTC can be replaced without removing the valve body. The trick is to spread the retaining clip, which holds the TTC in place, from the bottom side. Once the clip is spread the valve will pop out and can then be removed. After replacing the valve with the new part……just insert the clip from the bottom."

This is probably the way I am going to go so I dont have to mess with any check balls.

Anyone else tried this?

Did you try this?

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I read this a while back, but never inquired. I always suspected that if the TCC valve clears the bottom lip of the transmission case, where the pan seats itself, that you could just pull the valve clear and insert the replacement.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you try this?

Hello... No not yet, I got stuck at work last weekend. I am hoping this weekend.

If it works it would be nice to not worry about the bolts or check balls on the valve body.

I will update this post after I do it.