Different A/C Controls?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has put in different/aftermarket A/C controls. I hate how you have to hold a button down to go from hot to cold.

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
oh mine are the button ones... I didn't know the newer OBS trucks had knobs. Might look into a swap or something

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
oh mine are the button ones... I didn't know the newer OBS trucks had knobs. Might look into a swap or something

they have knobs and are wider, you could maybe fab something but the controls are a digital signal on yours so it would take some wiring changes, 95 has knobs but is different internally and a 1 year only control, i'd bet it has something to do with 96+ being obd II, so a 95 unit would probably be your best bet to get to work with wiring the plug into it, its the fitting the controller some place that will be the biggest challenge

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
using the rear AC controller that's already in the overhead console for suburbans would be the cleanest as far as install.... but wiring and making it work is a whole other animal

Sent from my static android

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
using the rear AC controller that's already in the overhead console for suburbans would be the cleanest as far as install.... but wiring and making it work is a whole other animal

Sent from my static android

yea thats true. Wiring is such a pain in the @$$. Not doing any more wiring of that kind anytime soon.