Detailing photos/discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
yep...dishwashing soap will do it.

Here's a BMW I did today. Pictures don't do the water spots justice. By far some of the worst Ive ever seen and the paint itself was pretty trashed. The after picture is without any wax or sealant. Its just after polishing

You must be registered for see images attach

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
yep...dishwashing soap will do it.

Here's a BMW I did today. Pictures don't do the water spots justice. By far some of the worst Ive ever seen and the paint itself was pretty trashed. The after picture is without any wax or sealant. Its just after polishing

Nice job, looks like you really did a number on it. What did it take for the water spots?

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
2000 grit on a DA. Ive done a lot of bad water spotted cars but this one was ridiculous. I tried to get them out without wetsanding first but I wasn't too happy with it. Most of what's left is acid. Which would require repainting the car, which I wasn't gonna do haha

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
2000 grit on a DA. Ive done a lot of bad water spotted cars but this one was ridiculous. I tried to get them out without wetsanding first but I wasn't too happy with it. Most of what's left is acid. Which would require repainting the car, which I wasn't gonna do haha

Da sanding is the only way to make money. I took some pics of a few tools and products I use all the time for those interested.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Got a lot of jobs coming up in the next few weeks. 2001 Mercedes Station Wagon Saturday, 2007 2500 HD CCLB Sunday, then a Range Rover LR3 and 2013 Jaguar XLJ somewhere in the mix also.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
hell yeah. sounds like your busy.
I am moving to the grand junction area end of next week. Denver is to expensive and over-pot-ulated for my likings, its swarming with retards.
I am keeping my own business going out there hopefully, its going to be hard work for a few months i think.

I did get my own Rupes 21, same as i have been using for about a year at the shop i work for. I love the buffer for quick jobs.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Nice. That is probably the coolest looking orbital around. I'm gonna order the cheapo HF one myself. That and a ton of pads (Expensive pads on a cheap orbital, kinda lip stick on a pig eh? lol.)

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Rupes and Flex brands are dual action so it basically combines a rotary with a random orbital. They are easy to use but expensive and break frequently. I use the HF random orbital and love it! as far as pads the mequires micro fibers are what i prefer, but i also like meguires red cutting thin foam pad!

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
The HF would use a 6" pad correct? Pretty sure its a 5.5" backing plate. I've been looking at the lake country pads, but I'll look into the Meguiar's as well.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
God you guys make me wish I could go to a class for this stuff.

Picked up some Adam's detailing stuff at a swap meet last weekend.

-All purpose cleaner
-Tire shine
-Invisible undercarriage spray

Didn't get to try any of them yet, was gonna use them on my dad's Nova for my girlfriend's prom tonight but I just don't have time to be religious with it like I normally would.

Next up is the exterior of my dad's Ridgeline. My girlfriend and I did what I think is a professional detailing job on the inside for him for Christmas (smoker and last time it was done was cleaned out was June 2012). He's had it since 2009 and it's never been clay barred or even waxed for that matter since he's had it. Have a feeling it needs a pro job done.