Detailing photos/discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Ordered some new toys today. Got the harbor freight buffer, 2 finishing pads from chemical guys, business cards, shirts and some interior products. Gonna be rocking and rolling when it all comes in.

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's some pics of the work I did on my 2006 Cadillac STS-V.

Some before shots -

You must be registered for see images attach

And after 14 hours of correction. I used a Porter Cable 7424, Lake Country 6" pads, and Meguiar's M105/205. Finished with 22ple VX Pro. Pardon the wheels, they will be off for refinishing soon.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Wow. That looks great! 14 hours for the whole thing on a 2 stage polish isn't to bad either.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I finally had the chanes to wash my truck, all I used was hot water, dish washing soap and a spunge and all the layers of wax is gone, even the swirlyness is gone. The truck looks 10x better and the paint has alot more shine to it already, can't wait to do the whole process.

Thanks 97Bowtie1106 for the help!

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
you sure its not just different lighting hiding the swirls? Swirls are scratches and they require poilsh or compound to remove. Some glazes and waxes help to hide very fine swirls. Btw dis soap isnt really recommended, but if the purposes was to remove anything on the paint then thats alright. Just be sure to put fresh wax/sealant on it as its very exposed to sun and nasty contaminants if you havnt already.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Here's some pics of the work I did on my 2006 Cadillac STS-V.

Some before shots -

And after 14 hours of correction. I used a Porter Cable 7424, Lake Country 6" pads, and Meguiar's M105/205. Finished with 22ple VX Pro. Pardon the wheels, they will be off for refinishing soon.

that looks sexy man.

22ple is kinda cool, but honestly it lasts nowhere close to 18 months or whatever they claim. I have done it on a lot of cars and my personal cars. I recently did my honda civic hx about a month ago and it was transported for 300 miles through the mountains on a trailer and got really dirty. I washed it yesterday and as i predicted there was pretty much no water beading. This happens quite a lot, and i am following the directions correctly. I have even used mystico elemento and its even worse. I think signature vx pro is the best.

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that looks sexy man.

22ple is kinda cool, but honestly it lasts nowhere close to 18 months or whatever they claim.

Thanks!

I mostly wanted to try the 22ple to see what this glass coat is all about. It does go on easy, and looks amazing. I might get pretty good life out of it, since the car is always garaged, never driven in rain, and gets stored for the winter. I did an unscientific test in a couple places on the car with my paint thickness gauge, saw .1 mil higher reading after the 22ple. Averaged 3 readings before and after the coating, so it might actually be measurable. But I'm using a basic PTG, not a fancy DeFelsko.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
you sure its not just different lighting hiding the swirls? Swirls are scratches and they require poilsh or compound to remove. Some glazes and waxes help to hide very fine swirls. Btw dis soap isnt really recommended, but if the purposes was to remove anything on the paint then thats alright. Just be sure to put fresh wax/sealant on it as its very exposed to sun and nasty contaminants if you havnt already.

No, they're gone. I think maybe I called it wrong, I had big circles left behind after the PO hand waxed it (I wasn't 100% sure if it was wax or scratches in the paint), there was just so much wax it look like he had rubbed butter all over it.
I don't usually wash my cars/truck with dish soap, it was just to get all the wax and dirt off. I'm gonna polish and wax it as soon as possible. Thanks for the heads up!