Denali Fuel Pressure Low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So as alot of you have seen i bought a 99 Denali with a bunch of electrical questions. I have not run it since I bought it and today was the first. Had low fuel pressure from the start 10 psi max. Replaced the fuel pump, same. Fuel filter replaced, same, relay same... said the hell with it, ran straight 12v to pump, instantly worked and started rite up. Is there a common place these chafe wires causing bad connections? I checked voltage and I'm getting 12v at the plug..

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like weak ground. It's attached right there at the frame, near the sending unit. Seeing 12V with a meter doesn't draw any current like the pump itself does.

Richard

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow awesome pressure. Without a wiring diagram I'm not able to point out the route. However you said your recieving 12v. Check the other pins to norrow down your issue. I have a feeling the ecu or ignition is not signaling the pump. I may be wrong but having a 99. You got some anti theft features like mine. I'm just not sure on what communicates with what. Maybe the electrical wizards will chime in..