day time running lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
i have a 97 chevy, and was wondering if i had drls? i think i do cuz i have a green headlight when the lights are off and it goes off when i turn the lights on. it does have a fuse but the drl's dont work. i had a 98 that had a sensor of looked like a sensor in the middle of the dash by the defrosters. this makes me wonder if i have them or not since i dont have that little sensor. any ideas why they dont work? the e-brake is not pushed down at all

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
97 has drl but no sensor on dash. It's possible that fuse is blown, resistor box under dash is broken internally.

Sent from somewhere in MN

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Not to hi-jack this thread, but I have a question quite the opposite of this guys: can I disable the running lights?? There are a lot of times that I don't want them on.

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The relay will be behind the parking brake pedal on the firewall. Not sure about the resistor box, unless it's in the same location. There's a large junction box where everything plugs into back there.
As for that sensor you mentioned on your '98, that is actually a thermometer that is part of the climate control system. They still use them...