Dash questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1990rooster

Reaction score
I have the chance to buy the newer style dash for $50 to swap it into my 1990 k1500. How hard is it? Do I need to ditch my door panels? If so wich ones work? What about the wiring? Thank you

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
I looked into doing that when I had an '89. There is an article I found on google about it. Said it takes a full weekend of nonstop work to swap them out and if they had the chance to do it again they wouldn't. The door panels would have to be changed to fit right without looking strange.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Not only door panel swap but you will also need the steering column mount that is riveted to the firewall from a 95+ truck. Steering column as well for it to match the dash.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Unless your truck is like a show truck that you have time to keep off to the side for a while I wouldn't do it. You'll run into many small issues along the way and that can cause a serious issue if its your daily driver.