Dash Contol Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NEMESIS

Reaction score
I’ve been DD my 94 GMC this summer and I noticed that my heater controls aren’t lit up, only the stereo and factory cassette player on the side light up.
Shouldn’t the heater controls be lit up? What about the Headlight switches, should they be lit up as well? :hmm:

Thanks, in advance.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Light bulbs don't last forever, your truck is 19 years old after all.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are several little bulbs inside that HVAC control that will likely need to be replaced. Likely a GM only part, can't imagine they would be much though.

I know the feeling through, my old GMC never had any light up on the radio or HVAC control, when I got this one, I was like "Well I'll be damned!"

The light switch does not illuminate. It's just white paint stamped on grey plastic.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
there are 4 bulbs I have a set in white leds for the hvac pm if interested as far as the radio umm thats a task and the headlight switch in a 94 isnt lit

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I’ve been DD my 94 GMC this summer and I noticed that my heater controls aren’t lit up, only the stereo and factory cassette player on the side light up.
Shouldn’t the heater controls be lit up? What about the Headlight switches, should they be lit up as well? :hmm:

Thanks, in advance.

Sounds like it's time for an LED upgrade!!!!!

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Thirded on the LED upgrade.

NEMESIS

Reaction score
I was just trying to determine if the HVAC buttons light up, so they do, great! I guess I’ll have to upgrade to the LED set up once I find out where the bulbs are.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To the people that have done the upgrade...

What is the point of upgrading to LED's? I could understand if they were larger, but those bulbs draw such a small amount of power as it is, and light up well as they are....why upgrade?

I do need to replace some of the lights in my tape deck w/ EQ though.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
To the people that have done the upgrade...

What is the point of upgrading to LED's? I could understand if they were larger, but those bulbs draw such a small amount of power as it is, and light up well as they are....why upgrade?

I do need to replace some of the lights in my tape deck w/ EQ though.

so you could change the color of the light output and to make them brighter.... and leds typically last longer

Sent from my static android