Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The air bag in my Grand Prix was one of many reasons I was able to walk away from this hellish nightmare. Sure my shnozz hurt for the rest of the day and the day after but man was I happy I got the bag and not the steering wheel. Also could have easily busted ribs or my collar bone, maybe even snapped my neck from the seatbelt had it not gone off.

Last two were what the car looked like before it got smashed. That Escalade was facing the other direction turning into the driveway it now appears to be pulling out from. She turned left into the driveway across my lanes and I had maybe 100ft. She never saw me. When she did she panicked and stabbed the brake stopping in the road. I crossed from the right lane to the left lane to the turn lane and was able to utter the words "oh **** you" before I watched my hood pop up, my dash buckle and windshield explode simultaneously, immediately I watched my passenger airbag deploy first and as it was half way out I saw my air bag come flying at me. I went airborne, landed sideways and skidded to a stop facing the side of the road. The Escalade was thrown 180 degrees and slammed into the curb. I blew the rear axle out from under it, shot both drive shafts out, and exploded the rear wheel and tire. The tire landed 100 feet down the road in some guy's front yard. I have parts of the wheel in my garage as trophies.
Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

Damn that's a pretty hard hit. Glad no major injuries

97K1500Silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:Whoa:Love it. Love it love it love it love it love it love it love it. Love. It.

Thanks! Been in family since new. Runs great at 208k and still original 350 and 4l60e.

It gets some good revs towing the 7x14 enclosed 3k-3.5k loaded.

I just put the original 97 wheels back on. Gotta love GM, the 2011 wheels bolted right up and even 2018 wheels will interchange.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
The air bag in my Grand Prix was one of many reasons I was able to walk away from this hellish nightmare. Sure my shnozz hurt for the rest of the day and the day after but man was I happy I got the bag and not the steering wheel. Also could have easily busted ribs or my collar bone, maybe even snapped my neck from the seatbelt had it not gone off.

Last two were what the car looked like before it got smashed. That Escalade was facing the other direction turning into the driveway it now appears to be pulling out from. She turned left into the driveway across my lanes and I had maybe 100ft. She never saw me. When she did she panicked and stabbed the brake stopping in the road. I crossed from the right lane to the left lane to the turn lane and was able to utter the words "oh **** you" before I watched my hood pop up, my dash buckle and windshield explode simultaneously, immediately I watched my passenger airbag deploy first and as it was half way out I saw my air bag come flying at me. I went airborne, landed sideways and skidded to a stop facing the side of the road. The Escalade was thrown 180 degrees and slammed into the curb. I blew the rear axle out from under it, shot both drive shafts out, and exploded the rear wheel and tire. The tire landed 100 feet down the road in some guy's front yard. I have parts of the wheel in my garage as trophies.

You must be registered for see images attach

Tyler/T-Unit
Damn dude! That's a hell of a hit! Glad you both got away with no major injuries! I think airbags are a wonderful thing as long as one wears their seat belt. Most bad air bag injuries are because the person didn't have their belts on to at least keep them back in the seat. I've been lucky enough and haven't been involved in an accident bad enough for the air bags to deploy. I have to say, if it wasn't for all the wiring and stuff that had to be done. I would probably hook them up in my truck. They've proven to help more than hurt in most accidents. Provided you wear your seat belt and keep the kids in the back seat!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Thanks! Been in family since new. Runs great at 208k and still original 350 and 4l60e.

It gets some good revs towing the 7x14 enclosed 3k-3.5k loaded.

I just put the original 97 wheels back on. Gotta love GM, the 2011 wheels bolted right up and even 2018 wheels will interchange.
My truck has 138k and is on it's 4th 4l60e lol! I ran some of those 2011 wheels for a while too. Also went back to stocks on mine.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Damn that's a pretty hard hit. Glad no major injuries
45mph tbone. I was sore for close to a week.
Damn dude! That's a hell of a hit! Glad you both got away with no major injuries! I think airbags are a wonderful thing as long as one wears their seat belt. Most bad air bag injuries are because the person didn't have their belts on to at least keep them back in the seat. I've been lucky enough and haven't been involved in an accident bad enough for the air bags to deploy. I have to say, if it wasn't for all the wiring and stuff that had to be done. I would probably hook them up in my truck. They've proven to help more than hurt in most accidents. Provided you wear your seat belt and keep the kids in the back seat!
I was not a big seatbelt wearer for a long time. No reason other than ignorance. Can't call it laziness because it's not hard or time consuming. Stopped using it when I got into asphalt. Lots of in and out of the truck all day. It was just pain. After awhile it carried over into my personal vehicles. For some reason I clicked it that day. Unusual for me at that point. But I'm glad I did. I may not be here to tell the story had I not put it on that morning out of the blue. Being a firefighter I see a lot of bad stuff from lack of safety restraint use. I've seen injuries from them sure. But they're usually minor, or could have been worse without them, or one in a million chances where not having a belt on would have fared a patient better off.

Keeping with the tune of the thread.......

Been working on cleaning it up. The wheels got pretty messed up sitting in the garage this winter. Not happy about that. But they are polishing up. Boy am I glad I have a Dremel tool and polishing wheels for it. They make a cake walk out of shining things up. I'll have a weekend into them soon. Also started wetsanding the headlight lenses. They were getting really bad. I'll have to put a fair bit of effort into them as well.

Tyler/T-Unit