Cupholder cell phone mount + qi charger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jollyjerry

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought of 3D printing a cup holder cell phone mount for my Nexus 5 and a cheap qi charger. On paper, I sketched out some ideas for making the mount still usable for holding drinks, and being adjustable. But realized I suck at CAD so ended up with this sketch consisting of circles and cylinders. Thoughts? Anyone good at CAD that can help out?

The Fusion 360 file is at http://a360.co/2oUfSFX, and here's a screenshot of what I imagine it looking like:

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interested to see what comes of this, cool idea! Would be great to hard wire the Qi charger into the power I've already got in my console for XM and some other stuff.

jollyjerry

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interested to see what comes of this, cool idea! Would be great to hard wire the Qi charger into the power I've already got in my console for XM and some other stuff.

Ya this is related to that other thread where I was asking about a ignition-hot source to leave the qi charger plugged in. Going to ask friends and see if anyone's good at modeling