Cummins Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crummins

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used the 4L80E in mine and I love it. It works very well with the Cummins.

I have a 1993 engine and have added 50-75 HP injectors, turned the pump up, used 1994 intercooler, 4-inch exhaust, advanced the timing, smaller turbo exhaust housing, etc.

The transmission is original to my 1996 and now has 110k on it and it just keeps plugging away. It still has the stock torque converter. When (if) it breaks I will fix whatever breaks and probably upgrade the input and output shaft along with whatever my buddy that does trans work tells me to do. On a side note, he didn't think it would last as long as it has. When towing our 9-10k travel trailer, my trans temps have never been more than 190 and that was at a stop (both my trans coolers are under the truck, one has a fan) so when I got going again it went back down to 150-160 which is where it sits at.

The controller I used is called the simple shift by pcs. You can adjust it without a laptop with the dials on the front and I have been very happy with it.

As far as Cummins vs Cat. Cummins are great but they are for the guys that can't afford a Cat.

Crummins

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As far as labor, call Dawna or Ken at autoworld mt, they do these swaps for a living and could give you a very accurate price. Since they have done many they know what to expect, part prices, etc and it might end up being cheaper to ship your truck to them and drive it home.

Thunderstruck20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as labor, call Dawna or Ken at autoworld mt, they do these actuallyswaps for a living and could give you a very accurate price. Since they have done many they know what to expect, part prices, etc and it might end up being cheaper to ship your truck to them and drive it home.
Actually montana would be great I'm looking for ranch hand jobs out there anyways.and with that dial tranny controller you can manually select gears too correct? And my trans lost OD today and haas been slipping between first and second for a while so id be rebuilding it anyways

Last edited:

Crummins

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually montana would be great I'm looking for ranch hand jobs out there anyways.and with that dial tranny controller you can manually select gears too correct? And my trans lost OD today and haas been slipping between first and second for a while so id be rebuilding it anyways

If by manually you mean putting the selector in 1 for first gear or 2 for second gear, then yes it does still do that.

Thunderstruck20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If by manually you mean putting the selector in 1 for first gear or 2 for second gear, then yes it does still do that.

No I was told theres a tranny tuner that you plug in and can take off in third for example and change your shift points and stuff like that