Cruise control problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After installing a crimestopper sp402 remote start/keyless entry/alarm system the cruise control in my 92 1500 completely stopped working. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Check the cruise control box (close to brake booster and has a throttle cable going into it.) It may have gotten unplugged or a fuse might have blown when they wired it up.

superchevyguy93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is your abs light on? And alot of the time if its not a fuse or relay its the brake pedal switch because if that is junk your cruise wont engage because it sences that the brake is "pushed down"

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is your abs light on? And alot of the time if its not a fuse or relay its the brake pedal switch because if that is junk your cruise wont engage because it sences that the brake is "pushed down"
I'll have to check that. The remote start required for me to wire into the brake switch. So maybe I mucked something up. I'll tell you if it was the problem or not.

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never even looked at the brake switch. Got on the interstate the other day and it started working