Crate engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRT41320

Reaction score
So I think my 98 Tahoe needs a new engine. Has anybody that has done this before bought an engine from summit?. I'm looking at the gm performance stock replacement crate engines.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Those are good with a warrentee and all but I've gotten engines through private party machine shops on racingjunk.com and have had great luck there. Usually you can get one built with better parts for cheaper.

ViEJO_C1500

Reaction score
I just purchased a 350 tbi create motor from jeggs recently, I am very happy with my purchase. I know its not the same motor for your 98 but should still have the gm warranty. my truck is a complete night and day difference after putting in the new motor! highly recommended if your current engine is toast !

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my buddy put a l31 replacement from gm in his truck and is very happy (1997 z71 FYI), however you could rebuild it cheaper and put go fast parts in it

SRT41320

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I guess I'll go with one of these. I want to keep it stock. It's gonna be a daily so I don't want any performance related issues down the road.

streetperf

Reaction score
So I think my 98 Tahoe needs a new engine. Has anybody that has done this before bought an engine from summit?. I'm looking at the gm performance stock replacement crate engines.
I located a crate engine from www.chevroletperformanceparts.com and they have free shipping. I believe they are in GA. However free shipping will save you over $200 freight. I believe summit charges truck freight. As for my customer they saved over $700 from buying the same 350/290HP engine from their local dealer. Just my $.02 hope it helps.