Crank Sensor and no spark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bestof1999

Reaction score
ok so this is going back a long was to when i dropped my suburbans 5.7l vortec back in after a lovely 3 spun bearing replacement that took up a good part of my summer, So my suburban was making this load grinding noise when i turned it over, but when it ran it did nothing. I was asked by a guy if i pulled my coil. So i did and the engine turned over without this awful noise. He said it was the Crankshaft position sensor and so i replaced that and it turns over fine, but i also have no spark now therefor my engine will not start. Please if you want to know more about the build, please check out my video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uzI5IFhseQ

Any info on why i dont get spark would help thanks

dakotabrad

Reaction score
i am in surrey heading to williston sunday for work. but anyway,
just wondering about the grinding noise was the end of the sensor damaged in any way? marks of any kind?
the sensor send a pulse to the computer to tell ecm to fire the coil if you unplug the distributor (cam sensor) will it start? if so the cam sensor is bad (faulty) if not could have a broken wire blown fuse or bad computer

dakotabrad

Reaction score
also knowing if it has injector pulse and no spark or nothing would be great

https://www.painlessperformance.com/Manuals/60215.pdf

if you pull off injector connector cone side should be 12+ with key on and other side will pulse with a test light if you are getting signal from computer that is a ground signal do not put 12+ to that side then you will know if you have injector pulse and no spark or neither i had similar issue with my truck after i rebuild the engine the balancer was not all the way on causing the sensor ring to wobble